Place mouse on line with
symbol to expand menu.
CHEMICAL PRODUCT AND PROCESS
R&D, DESIGN, AND EVALUATION.
(SLOP OIL, TANK BOTTOMS, CERAMICS, COMPOSITES, POLYCARBONATES, POLYOLEFINS
& SILANES. ELECTROCHEMICAL SYSTEMS, EXPLOSIVE
SYSTEMS, PLUS UV, VIS, NIR, & IR DYE SYSTEMS.)
Dr, Wright's unique Quick Question? Quick Answer! program has the ability to provide you with the just the answers you need to make a knowledgeable and timely business decision! A brief summary of his Qualifications and Experiences as a Chemical Process and Product Development Consultant & Chemist can be examined by following any of the three Links below.
- A. Systems Designed and/or Developed
- B. Systems for Technical Evaluation
- C. Systems for Investor Due Diligence
A. Systems Designed and/or Developed
Go to Top of Page
- Designed "slop oil" Reclamation Unit that is recovering 300 to 500 Bbls/day of Crude Oil from Waste Tank Bottoms.
- Designed Near-Infrared-Absorbing (NIR) Chemical Dye Molecules.
- Developed Methods to Dye various Polymers using Extrusion and Diffusion techniques.
- Used Silanes to bond Organic Chemicals to Inorganic Substrates (Glass and Ceramics), Organic Chemicals to Organic Substrates, and Inorganic Chemicals to Inorganic Substrates.
- Designed and constructed Microcomputer Hardware, Instrumentation and Software Systems to remotely Control Chemical Processes.
- Determined Emulsion Breakers, Surfactants and Dispersants to use in Chemical Processes.
- Developed experimental plan to determine and reduce the Air Emissions from Industrial Burn-Out Ovens and Incinerators.
- Modified a Small (50,000 BTU/hr) Tire Pyrolysis Unit that generates steam from whole tires.
- Designed Industrial WasteWater Treatment & Disposal Systems.
- Developed operational procedures, physical sampling, and analytical chemistry protocols for a commercial water field that sells drinking water to municipalities.
- Developed methods to both break emulsion and disperse particles in aqueous systems.
- Designed and Implemented a system to Artificially Recharge an Aquifer.
- Designed Water Treatment Units for use by expatriates in Siberian oil fields and in the US.
- Designed and performed Radiation Experiments to evaluate Nuclear Weapon effects and design processes at the Nevada Test Site.
- Developed and Utilized different Direct-Inlet Ion Sources for a Mass Spectrometer on-line to a TRIGA Reactor in order to optimize the real-time analysis of short-lived Fission Products.
- Developed a Moving-Tape Separation and Detection System (mechanical hardware, computer hardware, computer software and interfaces) to analyze Low-Energy, Delayed Neutrons from Fission.
B. Systems for Technical Evaluation
Go to Top of Page
- Evaluated "slop oil" Reclamation Unit to recover 1,000 Bbls/day of Crude Oil from Sediment Oil.
- Evaluated Competitive Electrochemical Processes for an Electrolysis Project.
- Evaluated Process System to Dye Polyolefins.
- Determined Process Requirements and Techniques for the Development of Certain Ceramic Products.
- Evaluated Method to Separate Multiphase Indstrial Systems using Sonic Waves.
- Evaluated Processes that used Controlled Chemical Explosions in Boilers of Nuclear Power Power Plants.
- Worked in the Weapons Planning Group of the Director's Office that was responsible for Systems Analysis, Monitoring and Oversight of Laboratory Programs involving Nuclear-Weapon Design and Testing.
- Member of the Management Committee that evaluated proposals and monitored projects for a $17 million/year internal R&D budget.
C. Systems for Investor Due Diligence
Go to Top of Page
- Authored Book titled "Monte Carlo Risk Analysis and Due Diligence of New Business Ventures", 2002.
- Managed and worked on Teams that evaluated technical and economic feasibility for Chemical Process Plants, Petroleum Refineries, Manufacturing Facilities, Hazardous Waste Treatment and Disposal Facilities, and Oil and Gas Field Development Projects in the US, Mexico, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union.
- Performed Environmental and Operational Due Diligence for Petroleum Production Purchases in Ecologically-Sensitive Areas.
- Chaired the National Particle-Beam Technology Study Group for the Secretary of Defense that consisted of 60 prominent Scientists charged with laying out a Five-Year Development Plan for Nuclear Particle-Beam Weapon Technology. Authored Classified Report. Work supported by the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering.
- Led a Laboratory-Wide Evaluation of the accuracy and methods of Neutron (Radiochemistry) Diagnostics used in determining Yields of Effects Tests.
- Led a National Team to re-evaluate Radiochemical data from old Atmospheric Tests.
- Evaluated Treaty Issues to Allow Peaceful Nuclear Explosives (PNEs) under a Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) for US State Department Negotiators.